View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #25
Traye
Zealot
Traye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a TexanTraye might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kindle, Sony PRS505, Ipod touch, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
since Blatty was mentioned i'll add Legion (sequel to The Exorcist), one of the scariest and most creepy books i've ever read.

i'd also put Sparrow Rock by Nate Kenyon on the list. its about a group of survivors trapped in a bomb shelter and stalked by mutant insects after a nuclear war. its depressing, scary as hell and has a great ending.
I've read one Nate Kenyon book and the name eludes me but it was good horror stuff.

I second Legion. I too haven't read it in years but I remember being pretty scared. I was lucky enough to pick up a hardback copy from a charity shop when I was 18 and I still have it now. (35)
I also love The Exorcist. Rosemarys Baby is probably my favourite book after Watership Down.
The Amityville Horror was a creepy book, I loved reading it in the dark. I like being scared (I'm weird).

I really rate Graeme Hague ( sometimes listed as G.M.Hague) too. His books were pretty creepy.
Traye is offline   Reply With Quote