View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 03:06 PM   #22
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCNORAD
Mine's on the way too!

Quick newbie question: I understand this thing supports various open file formats, as well as ebookwise purchased ebooks. But is it possible to buy ebooks from other vendors and convert them to formats usable by the ebookwise?
Not to be too picky, but the EB-1150 does not support *ANY* open file formats; it doesn't even support any proprietary file formats except for its own IMP format. Everything other type of file must be converted first, and you have a few routes available to go on that one.

FictionWise sells some non-encrypted e-books in the IMP format (they call it OEP 1/2 vga); BlackMask has converted at least part of their catalog. Some vendors, such as Renaissance Books, sell plain HTML books that you can convert.

That is my biggest gripe about the device - not being able to load an HTML or RB file directly onto a media card and loading it up.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote