View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #19
jswinden
Astrophotographer
jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jswinden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2, iPhone 5, Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
H* tags always trigger a page-break-before on the Kindle. That's not always desirable. Like chapter numbers with a (same-sized) chapter name beneath it. Nobody wants a pagebreak in between those two items, so they use a P tag with CSS to simulate a header.

I wish chapter headers were more consistently tagged, but I also understand why they're oftentimes not.
That's another pet peeve of mine: separating the chapter number from the chapter title. If you place both of those in separate paragraphs the TOC looks bad. I prefer placing both in the same paragraph and on the same line, but if aesthetically speaking separate lines are more appealing then I use <br /> between them.
jswinden is offline   Reply With Quote