View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #7
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Maps and directions apps probably aren't too useful on a device with no 3G. While I'm personally disappointed in the lack of a camera, mic, and gyroscope on the Fire, it makes sense for them to avoid having Fire customers shop through their appstore and find apps that say "Not available for your device." That would cause some unhappy people crying "Why would you put these apps in your store if I can't use them on the tablet you just sold me?" (not to mention highlight the Fire's absent features)

Unfortunately it alienates customers who shop the Amazon appstore for third party Android devices, but they chose to compromise that in favor of prioritizing the experience on the Fire. IMO it was a smart decision, even if they lose some Android users to the Google Market.

Many photo editing apps don't require a camera. People can just load photos onto the fire via their cloud storage and edit them.

One question I have is are they going to continue those restrictions if/when they release their second tablet, which may have some of the features lacking on the Fire.

Last edited by OtterBooks; 10-07-2011 at 05:16 PM.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote