View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:11 PM   #8
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook HD+, Xperia Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
Is there a way I can update the 7.0.3 without losing all the apps and settings I've put on the card? or do I have to start from scratch?
When you update a SASD install, it leaves your apps and settings in place.

Quote:
it looks like CWM was the most likely culprit.
Yes, CWM will prevent the 8-failed-boots recovery from working. It sounded like you were saying you thought CWM was interfering with your SD install, which it can't really do.

Quote:
Okay, I've tried some nightlies. None of them that I've tried work on my NC with 1.3
One way or another, the card is not getting set up properly. It has nothing to do with the stock firmware or what's in your recovery. In my experience, the majority of problems getting a SD install to boot come back to the card reader being used to write the image, with the runner up being corrupted downloads.

Are you using a dedicated SD or micro-SD reader, and not any kind of all-in-one device?

If none of the nightlies are working, it sounds like the installer is at fault and not the update files, so I would download a fresh copy of the disk image.

FYI, you can use your disk imaging program to backup your whole working SD install as an image, then restore it later the same way you originally wrote the installer image.

Quote:
I've tried the one you recommended, 2.03, then I tried 2.10, 2.11 and 2.13
Just to clear up some of the numbers flying around,
  • Current B&N firmware version: 1.3
  • Current verygreen SASD installer version: 1.3 (unrelated coincidence!)
  • Last CyanogenMod stable release version: 7.0.3
  • CyanogenMod version under current development: 7.1
  • Current CM7 nightly build for the NC: #213. They're numbered sequentially, indicating the night on which they were released. Nightly #1 was released 213 days ago.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote