View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #24
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Ok I'm going to break my own rule and talk about the Kindle Fire.
It's codename is "banjo" and the CPU is cortex a8 in an imx51 arch. Both "yoshi" (Kindle 4/touch) and "banjo" (fire) have fastboot support I think. Someone try to get fastboot working on their kindle 4 as I don't have one. If you get into fastboot, you can flash partitions.

EDIT: I think this is a dead end. To get fastboot, you need to set a param in uboot which requires a serial console. If i read correctly, only "ECT boards" (dev?) I'd 004 have serial access. Production boards "tequila" (003) skip serial port init, aka even if there is a serial port, it's disabled.

Last edited by yifanlu; 10-05-2011 at 12:24 AM.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote