View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 11:08 PM   #59
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
Hey, TM, you can upgrade to a white ipod touch. What more do you want, blood? .

Seriously, this event was all about Siri... and iCloud. But may be, there's a big "one thing more"....

Oh well, I guess not.
Apparently, they did not achieve the WOW factor.
This "cloud" crap is just that. It is crap and a way to justify not including much memory or a SD slot, or a real USB2.0 slot.
I have been storing stuff on the web for years. On the free places like Mozy, Google, MS, etc, besides on portable drives of various sorts.

My favorite storage place is in Gmail.

I have a couple hundred plus GB from my web hosting company.

I believe that Amazon and Apple and all of them just want more touchy touchy with potential customers.

"Buy from us, and we will take care of you. Just relax and get all cuddly in the nice home we have thoughtfully provided for you and hand us your card."

Well I will buy what I want and take care of myself.

Amazon is my friend, but it is not my blessed mother!

And I wouldn't trust Apple for anything except self-serving expensive sales pitches.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote