I have to say I was pretty pleased with the latest firmware initially.
- PDFs load much faster.
- Rotating 90 degrees in PDFs and ePubs takes much less time. An order of magnitude less.
- Large epubs load a little bit faster and seem quicker navigating in.
- The menu icons are larger and easier to hit.
- I like the font for the Table of Contents but it's a little slow to load for some books.
- Note taking has changed dramatically. You can now highlight the text you want to instead of entire lines. Graphical annotations (drawing) is possible too. All the notes are stored in the text of the book so you can see it while reading.
- Fbreader180 doesn't work anymore. Fbreader works and seems to have most of the features that I need.
- Hacked adobe viewer works like it always did.
- Coolreader still works although I don't use the newest one. I still use the one originally ported to the 302.
- The few .chm files I have seem to work fine.
- The web browser doesn't seem to want to connect
I might still go back though. Even though it worked initially, suddenly I can no longer move PDFs with the touch screen. That's almost essential for me as technical PDFs are hard to read anyway, even in landscape. The saving grace might be that the hacked adobe viewer works.