View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #16
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2, iPod Touch 4th gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Definitely The Haunting of Hill House, by Shirley Jackson.
I really tried to like Haunting of Hill House, but unfortunately I couldn't (it felt more like a story about madness than supernatural horror).

Also Psycho by Robert Bloch and Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin.[/QUOTE]

Psycho is pretty good, I can second that (although if you've seen the movie, you're not missing much).

@OP: If I can recommend some quaint 19th century horror, check out Robert Chambers' The King in Yellow (first 4 stories only). And I greatly enjoy Clark Ashton Smith's short stories - pick a random story and see if you like his style.
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote