View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 01:13 AM   #7
SmokeAndMirrors
Addict
SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SmokeAndMirrors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Pad Slider
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
By contacting the site, do you mean the bookstores where the review is posted? How would I prove that the review is mine? I don't suppose they'll take it down just because I say it's mine

I've had some contact with the author, and I wanted to give this person an opportunity to fix the 'problem' without me having to do anything further. I read the author's book, rated it 5 stars and commented on how much I liked it. The author sent me a friend request (which I accepted), then a few days later very nicely asked me if I would care to write a review. I wrote the review, trying my best to convey what the book is about, what I liked so much about it, and what few concerns I had. After I posted the review, the author sent me another message, to thank me for the review and express pleasure with what I wrote. I got another message a little later, asking me to switch the review to the ebook edition as the paperback was out of print. That was sum of our interaction.

I don't want it to look like I'm making a fuss over a review that's probably substandard compared to the really good reviewers out there, but I've only reviewed 3 books on Goodreads, and this one was my first. I have a hard time expressing myself so I struggled to put my thoughts into words; this review was kinda special to me and it really irks me to see it places where I did not put it
Ahh, that is substantially more complicated than the initial impression I got from your OP. Rather shocking that a writer, of all people, would do that. But humanity is frequently shocking and not always for the better.

In that case, yes, contact the author.
SmokeAndMirrors is offline   Reply With Quote