View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #17
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.yifanlu can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimering View Post
I know this sounds terribly evil, but just in case we can only browse the web using wifi on Touch 3G, is it possible to bypass the restriction with a hack? Or is the restriction engineered to the hardware?
All Internet traffic goes through amazon's Internet proxy. I think AT&T and other carriers had a deal with amazon that Internet is only allowed to *.amazon.com or something. Your http requests also contain a unique key that is tied to your kindle serial number and amazon refuses to process the request without the key. IF amazon is smart, their server would block the keys from kindle touch serials. If that's the case the only thing to do is to swap serials with the kindle 3. That is assuming serials are still flashable and the new kindle can be jailbroken. But I may be giving them too much credit. It could be that the 4.0 software will block Internet requests on 3G. But I wouldn't think too much about this because there's nothing stopping amazon from also pulling free Internet from kindle 3 if people start swapping serial numbers and stuff.
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote