View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 01:53 PM   #622
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: FireHDX8, FireHD7, Nex7, Nex4, K4S, ClipZip
Instructions for Redeeming Offers

These offers are exclusive to Kindles w/ Special Offers and only available in the United States. Owners of regular Kindles may also subscribe to these offers by visiting Manage Your Devices and editing the Special Offers column. Additionally, owners of special offer Kindles can unsubscribe from these offers in the same section by paying a $30-$40 fee (the price difference between a regular and special offer Kindle). The Kindle Fire is not eligible for these offers.

The opening post (OP) contains links to all current offers, including the dates the offers are valid. Offers that have expired are archived in posts: 608 / 914 / 974. These posts provide a complete history of all offers and can serve as a guide as to what Amazon may offer in the future.

After your new Kindle is registered and activated, you're all set to download and redeem your first offers:
  • go to the Home page and click Menu
  • click View Special Offers
  • select and click an offer
  • click Email Me This Offer
  • get your email and follow the instructions
New offers used to appear like clockwork at midnight every 4 days. Since Jan 2012, this rate has slowed down considerably and is no longer predictable. Most of the time, your Kindle will have ads and Amazon Local offers; none of which are exclusive to these Kindles.

Once an offer appears, you have 4 days to claim it. Each offer has a "claim by" date. If you don't claim it by that date, it expires and you're no longer eligible to take advantage of it. I recommend that you claim all offers. You then have time to think about them. If you don't claim them, you lose out if you later change your mind. Keep in mind that claiming an offer does not obligate you into buying it. It just ensures that you have an opportunity to do so.

Each offer claimed will send a separate email to you. That email contains instructions on how to redeem the offer, a link to the offer, a promo code, and the offer's expiration date. These offers generally expire 1 month after the claim by date. It's important you don't lose this information. For backup, I copy and paste the email to Notepad and keep it in a folder on my desktop. I then bookmark the link to a folder in my browser. Now if the email is deleted, I still have the pertinent information.

These dates can be confusing at first. Remember that you're only eligible for offers that appear on your Kindle. You're not eligible for previous offers, because you didn't own a special offer Kindle then. The OP contains active offers, which you may or may not be eligible for.

Remember, the claim by date is NOT the same as the offer expiration date.

If you have problems with your Kindle or these Special Offers that can't be resolved here, call Kindle CS at 1-866-321-8851. Don't call Amazon CS. Calling Kindle CS will yield better customer service.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-24-2012 at 04:27 PM.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote