View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 05:56 PM   #112
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well, if Vizplex is anything like the original e-ink screen, then the contrast of your Gen3 has gone down a tad since it was new and the Eb-100 being new has yet to lose any contrast.
You know, it could be. Or it could be that my eye is just being fooled by the white case.

My biggest frustration is that I have no STK ebook maker software and, therefore, I cannot convert any of my other ebooks into .stk format. And it doesn't recognize PDF, HTML, DOC or TXT files. I've tried them all. And eRead7.0 from the ISOHU site doesn't work at converting to .stk even though it says it does. I think I need the standalone STK Maker software that is, unfortunately, no longer available from the STAReBOOK website.

Anyone have a copy of that as well as the 1.1.2 (or whatever is the latest) firmware? Or know how to scrape what's currently on the EB-100 to an installable firmware file - the SD1.zip? Why? Because I'd dearly love to have a backup of it available in order that I can see if the build 538 firmware from Bookeen will install on it. and I want something so I can retreat to what came on the EB-100 after I test. If I can't find something to let me re-install...

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote