View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
Pinkie
Enthusiast
Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinkie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle keyboard, Nook Color, Kobo
Problems installing CM7 from SD card

I'm using a Nook Color with the 1.3 update, and the instructions from the XDA forum. I have two cards, one a Sandisk 4gb class 4 card and another a class 10 8gb card. I got the 8gb card to work once, then took it out to check the NC stock booted up okay (I like the reader). It did, put the card back in, tried to boot up, but it got stuck on the little animation and circle screen.

I reformatted the card, and although it seemed to go through okay, it got stuck on the screen that says "Android." I tried the 4gb card, which is of the type recommended, and got exactly the same result. After I've gone through the first bit, then restarted, I get "Loading" and then the little blue "Android" letter and that's it. it doesn't go any further.

I'm using the latest stable release and the generic writer, and the latest gapps file. And I'm ready to give up. Until a few days ago I had a rooted NC, but the market stopped working, and whatever I did it wouldn't work, so I restored the original firmware and sideloaded the 1.3 update.

Also, when I write to the SD card, using the generic file, the card is formatted into one tiny partition and one large unallocated section. Not big enough for the process to run. I've not read about this behaviour anywhere else. I followed the instructions on this page:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1000957

What am I doing wrong? (I borrowed an SD card and went through the whole thing again, just in case it was the card. Did exactly the same thing).
Pinkie is offline   Reply With Quote