View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 10:54 AM   #182
greencat
Freebie finder
greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greencat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post

By the way, I've seen mention of the affiliate links generating cookies which give the affiliate credit for all Amazon purchases made in 24 hours (assuming no other affiliate link is clicked, I guess). Does anyone have any proof of this?
I do not believe it works this way. As far as I can tell, the affiliate link is only good for the one browser session, which typically only survives about 20 minutes if the session is inactive, and would not survive, say, fully exiting and reopening your browser, or rebooting your computer.

ApK
From the Amazon affiliate agreement:

Quote:
A “Session” begins when a customer clicks through a Special Link on your site to the Amazon Site and ends upon the first to occur of the following: (x) 24 hours elapses from the customer’s initial click-through; (y) the customer places an order for a Product that is not a Digital Product; or (z) the customer follows a link to the Amazon Site that is formatted with an Associate’s tag that is not assigned to you.
That said there are plenty of affiliates who believe that not everything is tracked. I suspect Amazon set a cookie that expires after 24 hours. Clearing your cookies would probably wipe it.
greencat is offline   Reply With Quote