View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 12:56 AM   #79
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
To be honest, I don't often remember how I find books.
I found "The Hobbit" from a bargain bin of adult audio books - when I was around 10 years of age. And no, I never normally listen to audio books, and it took a lot of convincing to get my mother to buy it - it was in a adult audio book bin after all!
No idea what drew me to it even today. This was many years before the movies were even contemplated.
It took a long time to get a copy in paperback (one of the tapes wore out in the interim), and many years before I got The Lord of the Rings (as a gift; much begging was needed). I don't know how I found out about tLotR - not from the movies, certainly.
Nowadays I accept recommendations from individuals, media, accidental findings, books on a theme and general good luck. There is no #1 method.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote