View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 PM   #323
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Wow. Sorry I asked. Forgive me for not making assumptions. It does say 2010 book list, "not all life time how dare we change anything ever" book list. My question was simple- are we doing next year what we did this year. It really was a yes or no question. I might even ask the question again net year unless this becomes the official list, in which case the year should be removed and the list be titled as such. Then there will be no confusion and no one will ask if any changes will be made.
I don't know about the others, but I was only responding to Tom's question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I think it plain from the responses that the 2012 list will be identical to the 2011 list. If we want to talk about 2013, we can take that up in June or July.
Since we're on the subject...

There were two things I was going to bring up after the vote ended today, but since it's close enough to done I'll go ahead now.

First, can we get a rule about a book only being allowed to be in say one vote per six months? I think it's absurd that Storm Front was in the vote for Horror of all categories and that it's ending up in second place. But what is even more absurd is that it's been included in the poll THREE of the last four months. That's a little ridiculous. Next thing we know it'll win the romance month because someone called someone else cute somewhere in the book.

Second, I do propose one minor change to the category list: Can we switch Mystery to another month? Mystery and Horror are pretty similar to be back-to-back, and since Horror is a themed month for October it probably should stay where it is. Looking over the category list, there aren't many good options as it shouldn't be too close to Thriller either nor should it be December (to keep classics apart), January (second chance from last year), February (themed for romance) or April (themed for Humour), so that really only March and Non-Fiction to switch it with.

So could we switch Non-Fiction and Mystery? It's not a big deal but I think it'd keep the genres better spread out through the year.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote