Hope this is in the right thread .....
London (UK) and despite telling myself I'm smart - I am totally lost when it comes to deciding on a format for the book I am about to write.
Not my first novel, but first one I want to sell on Amazon for Kindle. Bear with me if this is too simple, but it has lost me! I would appreciate any replies to the following:
1. Do I write my novel in Open Office (which I use) and then format it for Kindle?
2. Do I use some software programme to write in instead of using OO?
3. If I write it in OO/software, how do I then format it?
4. Despite reading and researching, not sure I understand if I can sell my novel (I hope!) on Kindle through Amazon and also other ways?
5. I don't want to pay anything more for someone to format my novel - so if I have to do it myself, how hard is it? (Keep reading how easy it is and "all you need is a basic idea of HTML." Not interested in that - I just want to creatively write!)
6. Any other advice for a man baffled by technology would be well received.