View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 05:12 PM   #74
bshar489
Connoisseur
bshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watchbshar489 is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I'm a little surprised that this decision was made based on some complaints to the mods without vetting it with the larger community? If there was a discussion thread on the issue, I didn't see it, but maybe I missed it somewhere?

I mean, the people in this thread have been pretty vocal about NOT liking the change, so it seems like the complaints were, ah, possibly not representative of the Mobile Read community as a whole.

I realize this isn't a democracy (and that's a good thing, I love Mobile Read, no complaints), but could we maybe get a vote/poll on this particular issue? I'd like my opinion in favor of the affiliate links to count as much as the people complaining about the affiliate links.
FWIW So far I haven't read any post that is jumping-up-and-down happy about this change. And not that the Powers that Be owe us an explanation, but I'm a little surprised that they are this silent. I'm assuming that there is a good reason for the change, but I sure can't figure out what it is

Bergette
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote