@ APK, quoted for truth.
So, so far we have that "one affiliate thread per member" policy will:
1. Make it harder for people to find the deals they want (and for the devices they want).
2. Discourage deal posting for the non-careers (i.e., I posted an affiliate link deal once; I'm not going to make my own thread for the once-per-month deal I find).
3. Increase duplication of deals across the forum (i.e., the same deals in multiple affiliate threads).
4. Bog down the actual deal threads (harder for someone to pop in an endorse a book).
5. Result in MEGA-deal threads of 100s of pages long that will confuse newbies (why are the deals in the OP expired??).
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak
The only way I can see this being an issue is if only one or two of the ones posting links here have affiliate links, and the others don't. The ones who make no money might feel it's unfair, and I can sort of understand that. Except that it's not that difficult to get an affiliate link of your own, if you really want one.
Takes 60 seconds to sign up, seriously. And there's a parable of the workers somewhere that I might pull out...
Seriously, posters being sour about "competition" doesn't help the deal forum be active and helpful. If the people who were complaining were doing so because they weren't making MEGA-bucks, then I don't think their complaints help the actual users.