View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 11:01 PM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bstahl5012 View Post
This thing is starting to annoy me.

I can see the Edge on the router and it has the same settings as the other devices. I deleted the Edge and reconnected. I have WEP64 turned on, still no luck. I than shut down the Firewall on the router with again no joy.

I than took the Edge to the other end of the house and connected to another wireless router that is wire connected to the main FIOS router. I can still see the Edge on the FIOS router but now as a Ethernet connected device vice a wireless connected device. Still no joy.

I'm out of ideas here....

I did 21 years and retired in 2001. After 2 years on a DD I did the rest of my time messing about in small boats on rivers. I'm a contractor to the Government in the Beltway these days.
Try taking the PE to a place where there is a mobile hotspot like McDonald's or a Library and try it. I know you said other devices are working fine on your Network but this is the only way to be 100% sure that it is the PE before you proceed.

Small boats, sounds nice. I was on two FFGs, a CVN, a DDG, and 3 shore tours. Over 11 years sea-duty with 7 deployments and countless days at sea in the training cycle. The last one was the nail in the coffin. I did 7 + month deployments before but as I got older it became much harder. I miss the camaraderie but I'm happy to be on permanent shore duty.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote