View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 05:47 PM   #7
bookmeal
Connoisseur
bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.bookmeal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: benQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofubean View Post
Nevermind about the debug method as it's old and probably outdated now. You can just change the encoding of the txt or file to utf-8 and you should be able to read it on the kindle. The font used is a little faint though. I had a hard time reading chinese texts with the default font but that's just my preference. Without using any hack, you're able to read chinese texts and files.

Well, you can uninstall the hack but to be safe you can choose not to do it. Warranty's for a year. Kindle's screen is quite fragile... any hard knocks on the screen may cause lines to appear on it, so a cover is definitely needed.

I had been using mine for nearly a year without problems. Only recently i noticed a black line blocking some words near the bottom of my screen and i got it replaced. Screen's definitely the fragile part.
font is a little faint.....? ....like a bit a double shawdowed look...?

So if I make those txt files into utf-8 code, then I don't need to send those files to "name"@free.kindle.com ?
But the file name will still appear to be pinyin in the eReader?

Protecting the screen....a cover bag (esp. for eReader), it's that enough?

...I can put those plastic transparent screen protector on the screen (like how one protect their ipad / table).....is that enough protection? otherwise i am not sure how to protect it... (but I have touchscreen of the device won't work if you put a screen protector on it.

Can you re-new the warranty, I mean buy another year of warranty or sth?
bookmeal is offline   Reply With Quote