View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 06:46 AM   #55
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Are you saying you second Frankenstein or are you saying you don't think it's horror?
Sorry, did't see your post.
I'm seconding Frankenstein and Storm Front, and I don't think the latter (Storm Front) is an horror novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer
If you don't think it's horror, then why are you seconding it for the horror month?
Because I'd like to discuss it with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace
i think that your 'does not qualify exactly' statement is pointing out a fallacy (can't think of a better word right now) in our human need to classify things. taken on its prime elments, the dresden files series of novels can be easily classified in crime, mystery, fantasy, horror and even romance (well, not so much).
I was talking about the first novel, not the whole series (I'm on the 11th in a row, BTW...).
There are certainly some classic horror elements, but IMHO, the main purpose of the book is not to "chill and thrill", ina "horror labeled" kind of way...
But, hey: let's vote for it and discuss it! I'm sure it's worth it!

The entire "labeling" theme is a good topic...
For example: Shakespeare's Hamlet, with its ghost haunted castle, would qualify in this month's list?
Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote