View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
WiFi, ethernet in Kindle II?

I was poking through recent blog posts on the Kindle and came across some interesting posts on a job website--apparently Amazon is hiring more people to work on the Kindle. One of the posts (which had expired but I got it from the Google cache) was for a software development engineer. It included this line:

"We're also have the responsibility to provide frameworks and tools for integration with other wireless networks (e.g. WiFi) and tethered network solutions (Ethernet, USB, etc)."

This makes me wonder if WiFi or ethernet connectivity (or both) are planned for the next generation of Kindle.

The URL for the Google cache is incredibly long and I don't want to paste it in here, but searching on [Amazon Kindle "Network Services Team"] (without the square brackets) brings it up as the top hit if you want to check for yourselves.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote