View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 11:03 AM   #26
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm=> Ebookman=> IPaq=> Axim=> Cybook=> Kindle 2=>IPAD 1 & Kindle 3SO
I am seeing a definite trend here and it looks like -- all of the above. I think one problem is that your sample is biased by including only people who are interested in reading enough to be active in an online message board.

I do use free books to get me into series. I also follow authors I like, and recommendations of others. I also rely heavily on Amazon's lists of recommended purchases.

In terms of purchasing, I am quite comfortable with buying indies, but I usually look for some sign of validation before diving in, typically something like an average rating in the four star plus range, and the more reviews the better -- one to five reviews isn't enough.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote