Originally Posted by reprep
I already have the 3.2.1 firmware on my kindle DXG. I haven't sshed to my kindle, but i can do it if needed. thanks a lot.
The attached file is the script.
To try it
- unzip deviceHack.zip at /mnt/us (the root directory of kindle usb driver). So that deviceHack/ and documents/ are in the same directory.
- ssh to your kindle and type /mnt/us/deviceHack/runme
Kindle GUI will stop and restart. If everything works fine, then you are able to see and run your active contents. (Make sure your kindle's system time is corret, If not, turn on 3g to sync the time.)
The change is only temporary. So If things goes really wrong, Kindle will eventually reboot itself and back to normal.
If you want to make the change permanent, type
This script will patch better if 2.5.8 files are provided, you can either put
- KindleDeviceServicesTN-1.0.jar under /mnt/us/deviceHack
- or rootfs.img under /mnt/us/output/ (generated by yifanlu's updater)
- or rootfs.img under /mnt/us/deviceHack/
(only need to put one of the 3 files, the script will only use one of them)
then run the script runme.