View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
What a great thread idea, Ralph Sir Edward! Of course you know, by starting with such a good one, you've set the bar pretty high for yourself for the next one.

I'll have to think about it some before I come up with too much of an answer, but I can start with these:

The Adolescence of P1 by Thomas J. Ryan. I think it's a very interesting look at where we've come from on computing technology, as well as where it looked like we were going at the time. The first ~20% of it reads like a trashy novel, though, that may or may not be a drawback for you.

God and My Country by MacKinlay Kantor (this one got made into the obscure movie Follow Me, Boys). It's a look at Boy Scouts and the impact it had on an entire town during the 30's, 40's and 50's (I think that's the time frame). Anyone who has an interest in Boy Scouts will likely find the book and/or the movie interesting.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote