View Single Post
Old 09-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #248
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
"If you don't care that the metadata internal to the format doesn't get updated. "

For me - if I have internal metadata once, I have it forever. What's there to update?
I am still not very sure what I want to see there and how to get it. Once when I tried to add first page to epub, I got too much info; ended up exploding epub and modifying the first page. In mobi the result is not so nice anyway, much better to add things directly to html.
I don't want much - cover, author (BY-DY), first pubdate, awards won.

When I'm massaging the html anyway, it's not hard to slip those changes in.