View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Nexus 4, HP Touchpad, Nexus 7.
I read the piece earlier today and did some Googling on research into the condition. I was amused by a comment in the abstract to this paper:

http://journals.lww.com/joem/Abstrac...atients.9.aspx

Quote:
This indicates that psychological treatment may be of value in this disease.
That study came to the following conclusion (for the test that they conducted):

Quote:
The conclusion from the provocation test is that this group of alleged hypersensitive patients did not react to the electromagnetic fields.
I guess this is one of those areas where general poor health is being linked to a fashionable cause, and a lot more research is required to separate out the noise and see whether there is any basis. From the studies that seem to have been done so far, I didn't see a claim for any obvious link.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote