View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 03:47 PM   #38
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Kindle Touch and PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Yep.
Apple just "invented" having "let's remove SD card slot and sell N, 2*N GB versions".
Apple just "invented" denying customer access to its own data.
Apple just "invented" having 30% of the subscription by third parties.

Last but not least, Apple invented "rectangular device with rounded corner" design and suing others for "infringing".
The thing is ... even though they probably did not invent any of those devices, they refined them to the point that they are now a complete success. I'm not an fanboy, but that's a fact.

Going back to the main topic, which is not about the iPad tablet, Dropbox is providing a service that is not only useful for tablets but for people who want to sync documents across different devices, including laptops or cellphones. I can save an excel spreadsheet on my HP laptop and check it later from my MacBook air. I can even access the same document using my Android phone.

Are other companies providing similar services than Dropbox ? Probably. But for X or Y reason, Dropbox is popular, simple and it works.

Having an SD card slot is useful, but does not replicate the file across devices. It's local storage, not cloud. An added benefit, but a different approach.

Last edited by jocampo; 09-12-2011 at 03:50 PM.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote