View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 11:46 PM   #28
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.
 
DoctorOhh's Avatar
 
Posts: 8,838
Karma: 12535517
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Device: Nexus 7
I finally found out why some of my series numbers in my library mysteriously were changed. It happens when I use the Manage Series plugin to change a custom series column.

Most (if not all) of the following is obvious user error because of the blind faith I have it the basic rename a series function of this plugin.
  1. I start by sorting the custom series column in my library, see attached.
  2. I highlighted and called up the Manage Series Plugin. It shows my three series I have highlighted being renamed, I disregarded this (big mistake #1) because I want to rename my custom series.
  3. I then moved to the custom series column, because this is what I wanted renamed.
  4. In the past renaming regular series the series list came up in the order I had it sorted in and the series indexes were never a problem. Because of my blind faith I didn't pay attention to the list order. (big mistake #2) I entered a new name and clicked OK.
  5. I assumed that only the custom series was going to be affected by this action (big mistake #3).
Take a look at the outcome attached to see what happened. My big assumption was that, like the metadata search and replace feature, renaming the custom series was in no way going to alter the normal series column.

At least the mystery for me is solved and I can change my workflow accordingly. For renaming custom series I will stick with metadata search and replace. I'm not sure there is anything here that needs tending to but I put my idiocy out there as detailed as I could so you could decide for yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Before Masterseries Rename using Manage Series plugin.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	210.4 KB
ID:	76432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Manage Series Plugin - Series screen.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	227.9 KB
ID:	76433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Manage Series Plugin - MasterSeries screen-2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	76437   Click image for larger version

Name:	After Shater to ShatnerVerse rename.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	76438  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-12-2011 at 12:01 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote