View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 10:33 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankieGom View Post
I can confirm that this file does not display as good as the other one unless I manually apply the Charis SIL font (which I installed on my KT) to it, so you appear to be correct.

I'm not very well versed in HTML, so can you explain in more detail what you have done, and where? I have casually looked at both files and so the font-family directives and what seemed to be the same place, so I was actually surprised that it did not work (I thought you'd linked to the original file by mistake until I did a diff on the two files).
In the original, the font-family and font-size were in some other CSS style then body. I moved them to body for others to test. My conclusions are 100% correct. Kobo has a bug. They should recognize it and say they are working to fix it.

If you put font-family in body in the CSS, it won't display as you and Zummano have seen. This is a common way to turn on the embedded font used for the body. But it doesn't work because Kobo botched it. Kobo readers feel like they are still using alpha software. This issue was brought up before the Touch came out and yet Kobo still refuses to even acknowledge it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote