View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #13
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Sony Reader PRS-350
I'm happy with my KT. Not my main ereader so perhaps I didn't put it as thoroughly through its paces as others, but I've been seemingly lucky in avoiding some of the major issues such as the storage error. I like the often hated social features -- they're why I bought it after all -- and I love the endless text customisation options.

I do wish that the Kobo team either tested their firmware releases more thoroughly or rolled out a hotfix for the storage error more quickly. Yes, bugs are to be expected and I'm sure the Kobo devs were working hard to fix this error, but seeing threads made by rightfully upset users about the storage error across so many days with little Kobo acknowledgement I'm afraid has destroyed the good impression that many around MR first had when they saw the KT's quick firmware updates in action. Not to mention that MR threads concerning the KT come within the top three results of a Google search.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote