View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #25
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PRS-650, iPhone 4, iPad 4
Stonetools, I agree with you in principle but Microsoft was at the party way before Android or iOS. The early Windows Mobile phones were crap, that's all. I had one for a day and went back to a Palm OS phone (Kyocera 7135) which was only slightly less crappy.

You're right that MS has to understand the ecosystem means as much or more than the hardware but they are teamed up with Nokia right now. I don't count Nokia out of the game. They've been #1 in the world (ordinary cellphones) for a long time.

On the other hand, I view Research in Motion as a dead man walking. Too little, too late. Enterprise? That's their last bastion but several companies I know, mine included, already made the corporate switch to iPhones. Never underestimate the power of executive gadget-lust.

I'll give you another reason to chose MS. They rarely get their first versions working well but they've completely wrecked their competition many times in the long run. I used to be a big fan of DBase II, Ami Pro, Word Perfect, Lotus 1-2-3, Paradox, Quattro Pro, Builder & Turbo languages and so many more non-MS products. They ALL withered and died while Bill Gates grew fat off the land. I bet on the wrong horse more than a few times.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote