View Single Post
Old 04-30-2005, 07:42 PM   #5
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Opus/System76 Starling
One thing missing from our site evaluations is the quality of eBooks. I'm talking about spelling and formatting mistakes.

eBooks I get from questionable sources are usually pretty poor - and that's no surprise.

But pay sites, like Fictionwise, also have a good number of errors for longer eBooks. One I downloaded recently had typical OCR errors in them (ex: the main character's name is "Varl", but it often showed up in the text as "Van" - the OCR software mistaking "rl" for "n").

Surprisingly, eBooks from Project Gutenberg and Blackmask tend to have far fewer errors.

Hmmm... could it be that "open source" books have the same "many eyes" bug-less-ness when compared to "closed source" books? 8-)
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote