View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #230
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G, iPad 3, iPad Air
@ujujinsan - welcome to MR. You are not the first to request that kind of cover view, it has been requested in the other forums here a few times if you do a search there. The last I heard it is on Kovid's wishlist to add to Calibre one day, but there is no timeframe for it happening. It isn't really practical to implement this as a plugin imho.

@roloway - I haven't done much other than "maintain" my plugins for a while due to time constraints but this idea is definitely something I would make use of so it is still lurking in the back of my mind. Forgetting the complications of scraping lists from the web for the moment, just trying to support being able to clipboard paste in a list of title/authors and having a button to press for the plugin to try to automatically find matches in your library where it can to show what you have. I can see it all getting very complicated fairly quickly though but I haven't had time to sit down and think it through.

It would be nice perhaps to incorporate it into the Reading List plugin somehow, but it would need a lot of changes to do so. Sure would be nice to have though, excellent suggestion.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote