Thread: Mobi conversion
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 01:31 AM   #3
cdsf
Junior Member
cdsf began at the beginning.
 
Posts: 1
Karma: 10
Join Date: Sep 2011
Device: iPad
InDesign style groups kill my MOBI TOCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyllisj9 View Post
I had that problem. It was because my Table of Contents style was referencing a paragraph style that was inside a style group. Once I moved it outside the style group, it worked.
Thank you: you just helped my solve a bewildering problem. InDesign's nested styles had been preventing my Kindle plugin from recognizing my TOC ¶ styles and using them to create TOCs for MOBIs.

All my EPUBs for one book had TOCs that worked perfectly after export. But when I tried to export MOBIs, I kept getting the message, "The table of contents wasn't created because it's empty…." And I was using the up-to-date late-August 2011 .094 plugin from Amazon's KDP.

In InDesign, I'd tucked my chapter heading and A-head styles under a Headings style group. Dragging the two styles out of the group worked like a charm. InDesign now exports the MOBI with no error message, and the TOC works perfectly in my Mac's Kindle app!
cdsf is offline   Reply With Quote