I made a couple of test because I actually added a cover editor in my app (see my sig) and I did test a couple of way to write the html file so the cover is stretched to fit the screen (even if it deforms the cover). What I tried (and should have worked is height="100% and width="100%" and it works ok in sigil and calibre and even ADE, but not on the kobo, it keeps the aspect ratio of the image (on the generated cover, the cover page in the book is displayed correctly).
I also did found out that I there was a change in recent updates, because I had a Storage Error (The very first) and copied all my books so I could but them in easily after the reset, but all my cover were screwed.
I asked in the Beta forum for any information to the dev to know if it was intentional or a bug and if it was intentional a way to format the html so that it could display properly, but haven't had any answer.
I just don't know if it is a bug, will it be fixed, is there a workaround. If anybody knows the answer to those question please give some insight, so I could at least update my tool so people could fix theirs.
Last edited by Nigol; 09-07-2011 at 11:44 PM.