View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 01:40 AM   #4
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tea2 View Post
I was having the storage error and updated to the new version. It was good for half a day, and then my kobo touch froze up completely on a sleep screen with a library book.

I've tried it on 3 different computers, and none of them recognize it. I tried pressing "on" and "hold." I tried charging it for 3 hours. I tried the paper clip reset. Nothing whatsoever. I tried downloading Calibre. It won't recognize it.

I heard that you can boot it up from an sd card, but all the threads I can find on that pertain to the original Kobo. I have a Linux netbook with Ubuntu, but I'm a bit of a Linux noob. Any help?

I'm in Canada, so I am fortunate that I can take it to a Chapters, but I heard you need the box. I've got the bill, but not the box.

Arrgh.

Holy cow, this sounds exactly like what happened to me, in virtually every detail, down to syncing with an Ubuntu netbook (I'm an experienced Linux user, though).

I just tried initiating a factory reset as explained by Joe563. I got the red light, and then the LED strobed for a couple of minutes, but at the end of it, my KT was still frozen on the same ebook cover. Weird!

I sent a help email to Kobo today. Here's hoping that they're not too stringent about requiring the box, because like you, I have the receipt, but not the box -- and I bought my Kobo from a Borders in the US.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote