View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Maybe. But it also means that if the library didn't have an ePub edition and there is one, now they have it. All those PDF purchases instead of ePub now have ePub. Overall this is good.
That may be a future change contemplated, but didn't occur with this latest modification. No formats were added to current offerings where one didn't exist before.

Quote:
It also means that if there was 2 PDF 1 Mobipocket & 1 ePub, there's now 4 copies regardless of format.
Technically, it will show a quantity, but I think that's misleading. For instance, I have had a title on my wish list for several months. The title prior to the change was listed in 3 formats -- ePUB, PDF and Mobipocket and showed each format as having one copy each. The ePUB and PDF each had a long waiting list, but the Mobipocket was always available so that's the format I put on my wish list (just as a reminder that I'd eventually get around to readng it).

Immediately after the latest change, the Mobipocket format of the book went to a 'hold' status indicating, to me, that it went into the wait queue of the other 2 formats. So, rather than increasing availability, the recent change, IMO, has actually reduced it.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote