View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 09:43 AM   #3
nhmuse
nhmuse began at the beginning.

Device: ADE, Kindle, ipod
Good advice, pholy! I am fairly new to this forum, and haven't discovered all of the "features" yet. I've been doing print design and book production since the 1970s. And just this year, like you, Debi-NJ, I am also determined to conquer the InDesign to epub and mobi workflow. This forum I hope will be helpful in sharing information about this process. So far i've successfully created 3 valid epub and mobi ebooks. These were simple layouts, and I tried to keep it as simple as possible - no font embedding -- not insisting that the ebooks look exactly like the print books, but letting the ereaders decide how to handle the text.
So Debi-NJ, I'm hoping to share my experiences with this process in these forums. Sometimes I get really busy, though, and can't get to the forum to chat. But I am going to try to be here more often. I appreciate hearing what challenges you run into, and how you figured out how to solve them, and I hope to do the same.
I have another post on here somewhere but I don't know how to tell you where it is! But it should appear as a related post to this one, regarding epub conversion from InDesign CS5.

Cheers! and welcome from one junior member to another
nhmuse is offline   Reply With Quote