View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #191
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
….Whichever method you use, you cannot 100% guarantee that it will work first time for every epub because it depends on the rest of the contents of the epub's css file, which in turn will depend on the quality of the source file used to create the epub. If it doesn't work it is usually because the original css contains one or more font-family statements which are overriding yours. However, I've never yet found an epub which could not be Calibre-tweaked in a few minutes so that it does work. The better you understand the 'cascading' nature of CSS the easier it is to epub-tweak-to-taste
Wow, jackie_w.

Thank you for another wonderful post. You've started me on my CSS education with a great post on CSS with calibre that covers info and methods it would probably have taken me a year to find out on my own if not longer in a manner I could grasp in one reading. I'm impressed.

And I'm glad to find out I wasn't wrong about pegging bookfanmd's concern as a CSS area. I hope bookfanmd comes back through here soon to see your response.

Thanks again.