View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wispy View Post
Having bought a new Kobo Touch last week and played around with it, I can say that it has a kind of extremely unreliable, intermittent, and fiddly endnote support on board already—it is occasionally possible to jump to endnotes by touching them, and somewhat more often possible to jump to the corresponding spot in the text by touching somewhere near the number on the endnote. I've tried to find a trick or maneuver that makes them work systematically, but no luck: it really only works a small fraction of the time, for the moment. Still, I guess this means it's in progress...? Writing Kobo support to draw their attention to this thread and ask for a reply.
I have found that endnote navigation works quite well with Kobo EPUBs. There are problems however with non-Kobo EPUBs. The problems are: 1) there is no visual indicator that an endnote has been sucessfully activated such as there is for Kobo EPUBs, 2) it is difficult and sometimes impossible to activate an endnote, and, 3) if the publisher of the EPUB does not use numbers and underlines to indicate endnotes they are almost impossible to distinguish from the surrounding text.
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote