View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #345
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeborahC View Post
Hate to tell you, but you cannot purchase anything from B&N for the Nook from overseas. I have a US address, a US credit card, and have tons of store credit loaded onto my account, and I can't purchase ANYTHING from B&N because I am in New Zealand. Apparently they must be able to tell from my IP address that I am currently overseas. I have tried to purchase books and apps, and everything has been cancelled. B&N have not replied to my email saying I live both in USA and New Zealand. I'm really ticked off about this as I purchased the Nook Colour in-store at B&N in Orange, California, as it was highly rated in Consumer Reports. No one said that it wouldn't do me any good overseas!
Just install a VPN like Hotspot Shield (free) or alwayVPN ($8.50) on your PC to get an US IP-address. That way you can use your PC to by books, newspapers, magazines and apps from the B&N website.
If your NC has a Wifi connection, just sync your libary to download the things you have bought to your NC.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote