View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
wiccan2
Connoisseur
wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'wiccan2 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3 - 3g, Samsung Galaxy Note
Clippings Parser

Hi all, this is my first application to do anything with the kindle.

I have written a library that will allow you to parse the "My Clippings.txt" file from your kindle devices. It is in its early stage of development but I have all ready written a small test application to print out the clippings as XML. This could be useful for importing into another application or for converting it to a more readable format.

I have plans to expand this program in the future but development will be slow due to my job and studies. I will eventually develop a graphical interface that will allow the clippings to be organized and exported in a number of formats.

I have uploaded the source for the library, the test application and the doxygen documentation. If you would like more please visit my website where I have uploaded the sources for everything and the library binaries.

To run the test application simply run "java -jar ClippingsExtractor.jar <file>" on the command line/terminal.

I hope this application will interest you and would love to hear your feedback and suggestions for what to put into the graphical interface.

Edit:

I have just uploaded the new version of the application which fixes the date issue. I have now moved away from using Java's built in date parser and written my own as it seems to be less problematic.

Everything should work now, if not let me know and I'll fix it.

Edit 2:

New version uploaded, it should work now. Support for page numbers as well as locations now added. Thanks go to PoP for helping me debug this you've been a huge help.

The GUI version of this is now under development and should be released soon, there is another thread in the Kindle forum for this if people want to discuss it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Doxygen.pdf (614.1 KB, 260 views)
File Type: zip Clippings(source).zip (6.5 KB, 193 views)
File Type: zip Clippings Extractor.zip (13.7 KB, 190 views)
File Type: zip ClippingsExtractor v0.11.zip (8.4 KB, 97 views)
File Type: zip Clippings Libray v0.11.zip (7.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: zip ClippingsExtractor v0.12.zip (17.0 KB, 110 views)
File Type: zip ClippingsLibrary v0.12.zip (10.5 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by wiccan2; 09-08-2011 at 06:43 AM.
wiccan2 is offline   Reply With Quote