View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 01:02 PM   #71
DMB
Old Git
DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, kindle touch wifi, iPad3 wifi
I voted 4-5, as it is my modal category. But at any one time I might have only a couple on the go or 7-8. I am a reading addict and will frantically read train timetables or government advice or anything in print if I don't have what I really want. I typically stock the loo with reading material and read while cooking or cleaning my teeth. I often have a book that stays in the kitchen to be read while I am cooking. A NF book that is a series of short articles is ideal I read The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins that way. A tooth-cleaning book that I recently finished was Alan Sokal's Beyond the Hoax.

And if I am tired, it's no good my engaging with a challenging book, so I retreat to escapist fiction late at night to get myself to sleep.

BUt I also read a lot of magazines. I am gradually reducing my subscriptions but retain New Scientist (weekly) and am still getting Time. I was in England last week and I came back with a Spectator, Private Eye, and The Economist. I am still reading the last and two New Scientists await me as well as a Time. I also keep up with various newspapers online. As a result my reading levels are very uneven.
DMB is offline   Reply With Quote