View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 AM   #11
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsoanim View Post
I also think that getting preachy and debating is not appropriate for science texts. Science should be solely focused on discovery and evidence. I understand there are issues with our education system regarding evolution that need to be improved, for science education in general too, but I don't think books should let that sully their content with combative, and sometimes hostile, writing.

Anyway, what I mean is I am looking for a book on evolution that is pro-science, not anti-religion. Can anyone recomend some books like this?
Several of Dawkin's more recent books deal with debunking Creationist arguments against evolution. They were written to explain why Intelligent design is not science based and evolution is now accepted as fact. Understanding of this is sorely needed in the current United States.

Start with The Selfish Gene and then try The Ancestor's Tale.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote