View Single Post
Old 08-27-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Sony PRS 350
Library ebooks and Kindle

I've just bought a Kindle and although I plan to buy books from Amazon, a good portion of my reading is likely to be ebooks from the library. These seem to be mainly Adobe Epub format (which I believe I can convert and read on the Kindle easily enough by using Calibre).

I will be using the wireless connectivity for books I get from Amazon, and I've read a little about logs the Kindle sends back to Amazon. I've no real concern about that, but I am wondering if there is likely to be any issue with information about the library ebooks being collected by Amazon - because as I understand it, DRM might be removed from them when converting with Calibre (or am I wrong about that?).

Also, another unrelated query. I've just bought one Kindle at the moment but I can't see our current "we'll share it" plan working for long, so will soon have two in the household. Is it easy enough to share books bought on Amazon between the two Kindles?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote