View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 02:06 PM   #37
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
The one downside to this is that the author who leaves email addresses on their site, or when leaving postings or comments elsewhere, immediately opens themselves up to SPAM. I've had to ditch an email account almost 1 every 2 years because of it, and I'm starting to get heavily spammed in my present account.

Using code in embedded links--"&#(number for letter);"--seems to help, but you don't have that choice on other people's websites.
I use a contact form and point it at a gmail account just for that. Works very well. Another option is there is JavaScript freely available you can use to obscure your email on the fly while keeping it completely human readable.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote