View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 PM   #97
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I would find it highly bizarre to have a gag order on people's discussing which books they like or dislike or voted for. In a forum devoted to reading, we'd have an artificial constraint on discussing book preferences and merits for a purpose I still can't ascertain.

In any case, what's to prevent people discussing things behind the scenes and setting up a cabal? Should the mods monitor PMs? Suppose people take it to email?

I still think that a closed vote leads to less rational voting, which doesn't really matter if people think it would be amusing, even though I don't know what it proves. However, I would strongly object to anything that put a constraint on the full and free airing of ideas in regard to books, however.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote